“The two most important aspects of cancer treatment are its efficacy and side effects. A new treatment that involves introducing a cancer-suppressing gene into cancer cells has found to significantly improve the efficacy of multiple current therapies while dramatically reducing side effects.
In clinical trials on patients with advanced pancreatic cancer performed in Texas and Taiwan, this therapy produced results far superior to those achieved with the most commonly prescribed treatments alone. When Dr. Esther Chang’s gene treatment (p53 gene) was added to the cancer drugs Abraxane and Gemcitabine, the survival time was at least several months longer, the number of patients responding to treatment was more than doubled, and the disease was controlled more than twice as well. Furthermore, serious side effects occurred in only 5% of patients compared to 38% of patients without the gene treatment! These are extraordinary improvements!“
- SGT-53 is being evaluated in phase II clinical trials in combination with standard-of-care chemotherapy [Abraxane (ABX) + Gemcitabine(GEM)] in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02340117 ).
- Patients are being enrolled both at Mary Crowley Research Institute in Dallas, TX, and at National Taiwan University in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Patient enrollment has recently passed the planned midpoint (17 evaluable patients), and preliminary data analysis looks quite promising when compared to historical data. Notably,
- Median overall survival time was at least two months longer on SGT-53+ABX+GEM compared to that seen with ABX+GEM.
- Patient response rate (complete + partial responses) on SGT-53+ABX+GEM was 47% compared to only 23% seen with ABX+GEM. Adding SGT-53, the patient response rate is 2 times better.
- Rate of disease control (confirmed response or stable disease for >16 weeks) was 86% on SGT-53+ABX+GEM compared to only 38% seen with ABX+GEM. Adding SGT-53, the rate of disease control is more than 2 times better.
- SGT-53+ABX+GEM was also better tolerated with adverse events (Grade 3+ AE’s) were 5% on SGT-53+ABX+GEM compared to 38% seen with ABX+GEM. This is great for the patients, adding SGT-53, the higher grade adverse events are greatly decreased.
Traditional cancer therapy has a myriad of unseen impacts such as the depletion of white blood cells, compromised immune system, infections, internal bleeding, damaged bones, and in many cases, congestive heart failure. This revolutionary approach, developed by world-renowned
Nanotechnologist and Oncologist, Dr. Esther Chang, and is unlike any
other treatment currently available because it places a bull’s eye
specifically on cancer cells, greatly enhancing efficacy without damaging
normal, healthy tissues and organs creating one of the most promising
treatments ever developed. Imagine a smart bomb zeroing in and
destroying cancer cells, all the while eliminating the toxic side effects associated with traditional cancer medicine.
It is the mission of Delivering Cures 4 Cancer to promote and fund this and other promising cancer treatments. Our goal is to one day, very soon, eradicate this terrible disease. To learn more or to donate, please visit deliveringcures4cancer.org. Help us cure cancer once and for all.